If you’re constantly on the quest for great skin, and have tried every lotion and potion under the sun to no avail, you need to read this advice.
Retinol is one of the few ingredients that has been proven as skincare ingredient that slows down aging and reduces wrinkles.
Retinoid (an umbrella term that includes retinol) are vitamin A derivatives that have long been the gold-standard dermatologists use to topically treat fine lines and wrinkles, since they efficiently speed skin cell turnover and stimulate collagen production in the skin.
Problem is, they cause skin to go angry for people with sensitive complexions. Think: redness, peeling, and stinging.
Traditional retinols can cause excessive dryness and irritation on dry or sensitive skin types. For some people, the appeal is that they want to use a retinol, but their skin is too sensitive to tolerate it.
And if your skin feels terrible from a retinol product, you’re probably going to ditch it quickly and move onto the next. In fact, if you have sensitive skin, you may have thought that retinoids aren’t right for you at all. That’s where bakuchiol comes in.
What Makes Bakuchiol Better Than Retinol?
Retinol is a great skin care component and it has dominated the industry for several years as the best ingredient you can use to obtain smooth skin and stay forever young. But, retinol takes the body through a nasty period before finally getting the skin to become soft and wrinkle-free. For some people, however, the good days might not come, and the redness and irritation might continue indefinitely.
Now, this is an excellent time to bring in the good news: you can relish all the advantages mentioned here without going through the nasty phase retinol brings with it. With the use of bakuchiol, there is no redness, itching or irritation, and the differences between the two are worth considering.
What is bakuchiol, exactly?
Bakuchiol, an anti-inflammatory and natural alternative to retinol, is all the rage in the skin care world, due to its amazing abilities to reduce the appearance of fine lines and give that youthful glow to your face.
Bakuchiol is an ingredient derived from the seed of the plant Psoralea corylifolia, an herb grown in India that’s more popularly known as babchi. Chemically, bakuchiol looks nothing like retinoids, but it works just like them in terms of boosting collagen in the skin.
The natural alternative has been exploding in popularity with the trend to move toward more “clean” beauty products.
What Are the Bakuchiol Benefits for Your Skin?
Bakuchiol reeks of so many benefits that it is quite impossible not to fall in love with this fantastic compound. All the benefits included here have been rigorously tested, and articles on several research websites will confirm this fact.
- Bakuchiol improves the firmness and elasticity of your skin, leaving you with a younger-looking appearance.
- It eliminates fine lines and wrinkles with its stimulation of anti-aging genesand protein.
- With the use of bakuchiol, you get a boost of collagen and elastin. This, in turn, gives you more elastic and firmer skin.
- It can also act as anti-oxidant for skin protection from radical damage even when you are exposed to direct sunlight.
- Acne and other inflammatory or bacterial breakoutsare significantly reduced when you use it.
- The natural purple color is quite pleasing when compared to the dark color of other facial ingredients.
- Pregnant women and those with sensitive skin can use bakuchiol. And if you are allergic to retinol, this is the best natural alternative.
- It doesn’t come with all the downsides that retinol brings such as flakiness, itching, redness, or breakouts.
So, if you want healthy glowing skin go to the store and look for bakuchiol skin care products.