Drinking water and walking are two fantastic ways to improve your overall health. Now I personally love a challenge so I’ve put together this 30-day water and walking challenge.
If you’re already walking regularly and drinking lots of water, then this challenge is probably not for you, although you can simply add to your existing routine.
We’re going to build up our walking time and the amount of water we drink gradually over the 30-days. We’ll stick with each goal for 10 days then increase the levels.
As with all of our challenges, they’re designed to fit into our day to day life as much as possible.
STEP 1 – GETTING STARTED
Follow this part of the challenge for the first 10 days.
- Drink a big glass of water in the morning when you get up. You may want to add a slice of lemon or lime to give your water a real kick.
- Get outside and walk for at least 10 minutes each day.
You are more than welcome to do more but this is the minimum for the first 10-days of the water and walking challenge.
STEP 2 – STEPPING IT UP A LITTLE
For the next 10 days of the challenge, you’ll be adding more water and more walking.
- Drink your big glass of water first thing in the morning
- Fill a one-liter bottle of water and drink it throughout the day
- Walk for 20 minutes daily (if you want to you can do this in one go or break in down into 2 x 10-minute walks)
Again, you can do more, this is just the minimum.
STEP 3 – MOVING UP A GEAR
For the last 10 days of the water and walking challenge, we’re aiming for a level you can maintain long-term.
- Drink your glass of water first thing in the morning
- Fill a one-litre bottle of water and drink it throughout the day
- Have a glass of water with your meals
- Walk for 30- minutes ( you can break these down into 3 X 10-minute walks or 2 x 15-minute walks if you prefer not to do it all in one go)
KEEP IT GOING
I believe that drinking plenty of water and adding walking to your daily routine are two of the best things you can do for long-term health and weight loss. So, although this is a 30-day challenge, I strongly encourage you to keep it up and make it a daily part of your life.
If you haven’t been regularly drinking plenty of water and walking daily, you should see a good weight loss and I can pretty much guarantee you’ll feel better too.
The 30-day water and walking challenge is meant to help you improve your fitness and improve your overall health.