Looking for a way to take your morning coffee to a healthier new level? Add a blob of butter. According to experts, this unexpected addition can improve your health and help you to lose weight.
This keto bulletproof coffee recipe is a great way to start your day and give you a dose of some heart healthy fats.
Adding some fat to your morning coffee is going help make you feel full longer. Also, it give you tons of energy and aide with weight loss. It also helps tremendously at keeping your cravings at bay, so you won’t binge on bad foods.
According to New York nutritionist Amy Shapiro, RD, bulletproof coffee “can be a satisfying, energy-producing breakfast. It provides many nutrients, satisfies hunger, and may cause your body to increase fat-burning, resulting in weight loss.”
1. Only grass-fed butter has the right fats that regulate cholesterol, not add to it. Grass-fed butter has the best ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (which reduces body fat) and is a good source of vitamin K, both of which according to a studies reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. It provides healthy fats for your brain and body to create cell walls (membranes) and hormones. The short-chain fatty acid Butyrate, once thought to be bad for you, has been linked to preventing neurodegenerative diseases, increased energy expenditure, and is also anti-inflammatory, further preventing heart disease.
3. Drinking it each morning puts your body in the routine to burn fat all day, helping you trim down overall. CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), found in grass-fed butter, has been shown to reduce body fat mass especially in overweight individuals.
4. “Bulletproof” coffee will give you energy as well as increase cognitive function that you can literally feel when it kicks in for about six hours- and without the crash. Mixed with more healthy fats from coconut oil, this amped up drink will help produce ketones, which are created when your body creates energy from fat rather than carbohydrates.
5. Two tablespoons of butter in your coffee is all you need to replace a breakfast meal altogether, making this a quick alternative for people on the go. Providing your body with essential fats and calories is a higher performance blend than a carbohydrate source like oatmeal.